General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Bagshaws is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bagshaws may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
The Information we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). The information we collect will be;
Contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we will use your data
GDPR requires the business to have a lawful basis for processing your data, therefore we will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• To provide you with information which you have requested. Your personal data may be passed to other Bagshaws’ IT systems to enable us to provide the information you requested.
Who will have access to your information
Your data will be stored securely within our IT servers. The data will not be shared with third parties nor will it be transferred outside the EU. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long will we keep your information?
The information will be held for 90 days. You will then receive an email asking if you want to continue to receive property alerts.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
You have the right to;
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please submit the request in writing to the Senior Partner, there is no charge for this and we will respond within one month of receipt of the request. We will require additional ID to fulfil this request.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
• Object to certain types of processing for example where personal information is used for direct marketing purposes.
• Object to your data be subject to automated decision-making.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Please see our cookies policy
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Enquiries and Complaints
If you have any enquiries arising from the information supplied in this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are concerned with the way we have processed your data please put your complaint in writing as soon as possible so that the matter can be investigated. These should be sent to;
Alastair Sneddon (Senior Partner)
The Agricultural Business Centre
Derbyshire DE45 1AH
You may also contact the Information Commissioners Office directly if you are concerned with how your personal data has been processed;
Information Commissioner's Office
Changes to this privacy notice
This notice was reviewed in May 2018. We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information