Rising energy costs are becoming an increasingly important consideration for farm and rural businesses.
The introduction of the Feed-in-Tariff (FiT) scheme and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) has created a range of opportunities for landowners to generate significant financial benefits. They present opportunities to both reduce overhead costs and create an income stream from a variety of renewable technologies. Typically such contracts are indexed linked and last for either 20 or 25 years.
Bagshaws offers independent professional advice to farmers and landowners to ensure that site potential is realised and projects are progressed with reliable and trustworthy developers.
The range of services we offer includes:
- identification of site-specific physical and financial options including those for wind turbines, ground and roof mounted solar photovoltaics, hydropower and anaerobic digestion
- promotion of land leases and sites to trusted developers
- coordination of quotations and advice as to the most suitable option
- negotiation of terms
- town and country planning applications for renewable energy (where required)
- advice on finance options available
- valuations of approved developments for secured lending
The Government is continually reviewing the payment structure for renewable energy technology and therefore we can advise in relation to the benefits and contstraints of pursuing renewable energy schemes. We have a significant network of contacts within the sector ensuring that clients are appropriately advised by reputable companies and professionals.
To find out more, please contact Craig Barks in our Ashbourne office.