Pin Dale Quarry Lot 2 Pindale Road, Castleton, Hope Valley S33 6RN
The Property is situated approximately ½ mile to the south east of the Peak District village of Castleton. Castleton is a famous and popular village which dates back to the 11th century. Being steeped in history, it is an increasingly popular year round tourist destination. It’s location at the head of the Hope Valley is between the White Peak and Dark Peak areas of the Peak District National Park, yet it is still very accessible being 12 miles to the west of the city of Sheffield and 21 miles to the south east of the city of Manchester.
The property on offer comprises a former quarry and adjoining agricultural land and woodland that extends in total to 23.85 acres and is offered in 2 lots;
Extending to 14.42 acres, the site has not been worked for a number of years and now presents an opportunity to preserve the history, or adopt part for alternative use (subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents). Please note that two ‘passing places’ are included within the registered title that may assist in any applications.
There are of course the old workings still visible, with level areas, together with woodland and an old building. Part of the property is classified as a ‘Site of Special Scientific Interest’.
This lot comprises an area of grassland extending to 9.43 acres.
The land may be viewed at any reasonable time when in possession of a copy of these particulars being authority to view. Please take care when viewing and do not climb.
Method of Sale and Guide Price
The property is offered by private treaty. The guide prices are as follows;
Lot 1: £120,000
Lot 2: £ 36,000
Peak District National Park Authority
Aldern House, Baslow Road,Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1AE
The mineral rights are specifically excluded and available by separate negotiation.
Chafes Hague Lambert
131 King Street
Cheshire WA16 6E
Ref: Lawrence Robinson
Rights of Way, Wayleaves & Easements
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way, wayleaves and easements that may exist, whether or not they are defined in these particulars.
Tenure & Possession
The property is offered for sale freehold. Vacant possession will be granted upon completion.
Money Laundering Regulations 2017
Due to recent changes in legislation, all buyers must provide relevant documentation in order to provide proof of their identity and place of residence. The documentation collected will not be disclosed to any other party.
Bagshaws LLP have made every reasonable effort on behalf of their client to ensure these details offer an accurate and fair description of the property but give notice that;
1. All measurements, distances and areas referred to are approximate and based on information available at the time of printing
2. Any reference to rights of way, easements, way leaves, tenure or any other covenants/conditions should be verified by the buyer’s legal representative prior to exchanging contracts.
3. Photographs, plans and maps are indicative only and it should not be assumed that anything shown in these is included in the sale
4. These details are for guidance only and do not constitute part of the contract for sale. Bagshaws LLP and their employees are not authorised to give any warranties or representations (written or oral) in relation to the sale. Buyers are advised to seek clarification on any points of particular interest, prior to pursuing their interest in this property.
5. Alterations to the details may be necessary during the marketing.