Property and Land Auctions
Bakewell land & Property Auction 2023 – March
This auction was held on.
Bakewell Property Auction Report – 27th March 2023
Some remarkable results – Over £1.5m sold
The conference room at the Agricultural Business Centre was fit to burst when the auction got underway, with fourteen lots to be offered under the hammer.
The prices achieved were almost universally strong, again demonstrating the value of auction for the right properties.
By way of summary:
- 1.88 acres of grassland at Thornhill, Hope Valley – £58,000 (£30,851/ac).
- 4.77 acres at Kirk Ireton – £88,000 (£18,448/ac).
- 0.74 acres of land at Barlow, with some ‘hope value’ – £200,000 (£270,270/ac).
- 1 acre at Tideswell – £70,000 (£70,000/ac)
- 4.71 acres at Tideswell – £82,000 (£17,410/ac)
- 14.95 acres at Over Haddon – £130,000 (£8,695/ac)
- 7.59 acres at Over Haddon – £135,000 (£17,786/ac)
- 3.31 acres of woodland at Summer Lane – £55,000 (£17,571/ac)
- 11.83 acres at Eastmoor – £180,000 (£15,215/ac)
- 9.31 acres of land at buildings at Monyash – £250,000 (£26,852/ac)
- 48.10 acres of land at Thorncliffe, Leek – £256,000 (£5,322/ac)
Both 3, Malthouse Cottage and the properties at Moor Edge, Birch Vale remain available at the time of writing. Rudyard Memorial Institute was withdrawn.
The agricultural land off Summer Lane, Wirksworth was sold prior, with 7.95 acres at Heage Road, Ripley was deferred until our next auction on 22nd May.
The market for agricultural land and woodland is currently very strong, with agricultural and non -agricultural buyers being active participants. Should you require any advice upon the purchase or sale of any rural property, do please get in touch with us.