We manage residential rental properties throughout Derbyshire and Staffordshire, providing a service for both landlords and tenants.
For information regarding agricultural rentals, land and estate management issues, please visit our Land & estate management page. To view all of the properties currently available to let, please visit our property search page and select the ‘To let’ tab.
Our residential lettings service runs through our Bury & Hilton office at Leek, where we have a dedicated team of rental professionals. We provide a specialist property management service to landlords wishing to let their property with two levels of service to choose from:
Letting Only service –
- Advise an appropriate rental income.
- Market the property, including ‘To Let’ signage if required and national online advertising with our property portals.
- Undertake full references of prospective tenants including credit checks, employers and if applicable, previous landlords.
- Prepare the tenancy agreement.
- Provide a detailed inventory if required.
- Take a deposit equivalent to one month’s rent which is lodged with an approved scheme.
Full Management service –
Includes all of the facilities offered within the Letting Only service plus:
- Collecting the rents and accounting to clients on a monthly basis
- Regular interim inspections of the property
- First point of contact for tenants.
- Organising estimates and repairs on behalf of the Landlord, with prior consent
- Rent reviews
- Advice on tax for overseas landlords.
- Issue appropriate legal notices to initiate termination of a tenancy agreement.
- Advise for the rare occasions when things go wrong
- Key Holding service
- Managing the check out process and end of tenancy deposit release.
We are always interested to hear from new landlords in our area and would encourage you to contact our team of qualified chartered surveyors and property specialists.
Fees for Landlords
Let Only Service
• Monthly rent upto £550pcm- £540 inc vat
• Monthly rent upto £650pcm- £600 inc vat
• Monthly rent upto £850pcm- £750 inc vat
• Monthly rent over £850 – 1 calender month’s rent
Fully Managed Service
• Monthly rent upto £550pcm- £474 inc vat
• Monthly rent upto £650pcm- £540 inc vat
• Monthly rent upto £850pcm- £600 inc vat
• Monthy rent over £850pcm- 1 calendar month’s rent
• Management commission of 12% of the monthly rental income
Landlords compliance package- Includes full Tenancy Referencing, Tenant Right to Rent Checks, Legal registration of the deposit with the Deposit Protection Service, and preparation of a fully photographed Inventory and Check out Report
£180.00 inc Vat
Independent Redress Scheme- The Property Ombudsman
Client Money Protection Provided by- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
You may find this Landlord’s Guide to rentals (1) useful.
After viewing one of our properties, potential tenants are asked to complete an application form.
This is in order to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations and referencing to ensure that landlords are provided with full information before we let the property.
Presuming that you are successful with your application a tenancy agreement will be issued with a payment request for the first month’s rent and the deposit.
You will be contacted prior to the tenancy commencement date to arrange an appropriate time and date to visit the office to sign the tenancy documentation which includes a record of condition, and to make the total move-in payment.
To view all of our current rental properties, please visit our Property search page. You can also register to be keep up to date with all of our new properties.
You may also find this How to Rent document from the Department for Communities and Local Government helpful.