Property and Land Auctions
Bakewell Property Auction – May 2021
This auction was held on.
Bagshaws Bakewell Property Auction – Monday 24th May 2021
The first “live” Bakewell Property Auction of the year was held at The Agricultural Business Centre yesterday afternoon, and saw over £1.77 million of rural property go under the hammer.
The large concourse afforded by the facilities here at the Agricultural Business Centre in Bakewell allowed adequate social distancing amongst the attendees, who witnessed another demonstration of the benefits of a sale by auction for the right type of property.
Seven lots were offered, with all lots selling at universally strong prices. By way of summary:
- The first lot was 2.3 acres of land off Gorsey Lane at Kirk Ireton that saw the hammer fall a remarkable £70,000 (£30,434/ac).
- Lot 2 comprised 5.8 acres of attractive mixed woodland known as Wiggonlea Plantation at Alderwasley. This achieved £89,000 (£15,345/ac) demonstrating the continued strong demand for smaller blocks of amenity woodland.
- 8 acres of mowing and grazing ground off Bottomhill Road, Cressbrook realised over £9,200/ac, selling for £155,000.
- Another good of block of 27.2 acres of mowing and grazing ground at Alton, Chesterfield sold for £246,000 (£9,044/ac).
- Lot 5 comprised a detached, three bedroom property known as Edensor Cottage at Hartington. This saw the hammer fall at £468,000.
- We were privileged to have two lots entered by the Peak District National Park Authority, both located at Calton, Staffordshire; Lower Greenhouse Farm comprised a three-bedroom cottage in need of refurbishment, a range of outbuildings together with 21.5 acres of surrounding grassland. The second lot was 11.94 acres of grassland at Calton. Both lots were subject to clauses imposed by the Authority and realised sums of £620,000 and £125,000 respectively.
With over £1.77 million having fallen under the hammer on the day, it serves to illustrate that demand for rural property remains strong, coming out of the Covid lockdown, and that for the right property, the competitive atmosphere at auction can see values maximised.
Should you have any property that you are considering selling, please do contact your local Bagshaws office, who will advise you upon the best means of sale for the property and your circumstances.
Our next Bakewell auction is programmed for Monday 12th July. There are already a number of properties entered with further entries invited.
Please note: For the avoidance of doubt we have no association with Bagshaws Residential that is part of the Sequence Group.