Machinery & Dispersals
Machinery Dispersal Report-Lower Castle Hayes Farm 19-03-2022
“Massive Crowd at Tutbury Dispersal”
The sale on behalf of the Smith family at Lower Castle Hayes Farm, Needwood saw a very large crowd with over 650 lots numbered and the star of the show being a Case 150 Puma 50K tractor on a 67’ Plate at over £57,000.
In the small lots;
- Sets of Unused Silage Gravel Bags £50 per lot
- Two-Makita Battery Drills (No Charger) £210
- Sack Trolley £50
- Set of Steel Concrete Shuttering Sections £500
- Five Teat Calf Suckling Units Up to £105 per set
- Stallion 15 Place Linear Calf Feeders £170 per set
- Vink Calving Aid £170
- Kersten Petrol Driven Cubicle Brush £750
- Ag Maxi Dust Dispenser Up to £1020
- Holme and Laue Electric Milch Taxi £2,050
- Plastic Body Twin Wheel Wheelbarrow £205
Out in the field there was a large range of gates, troughs and cattle equipment with;
- Cattle Bunker Feeders £660
- Steel Leg Troughs £150 each
- Water Troughs £185 each
- Galvanised Gates £65 each
The unused Galvanised Calving Gate Pen Section achieved £1,080 with 6 Bar Galvanised Cattle Race Hurdles c/w End Gates to £1,200 per set.
The foot trimming crush achieved £3,450 with the galvanised auto foot bath unit at £3,300.
In the machinery;
- Cousins Front Mount Press £2,100
- Maschio DC3000 3 Metre Power Harrow £5,100
- Ritchie Hydraulic Folding Galvanised Chain Harrows £1,800
- Excellent Fleming End Tow Kit Heavy Duty Flat Roll £5,550
The farms KRM Twin Disc Rear Mounted Fertilizer Spreader had full GPS Kit and achieved an excellent £10,000. There had been much interest in the farms Vacuum Tanker and Keenan Diet Feeder with purchasers travelling from as far afield as Shropshire, Wales and North Hamptonshire. The Conor 2500 Gallon Single Axle Vacuum Tanker achieved £11,000, with the Keenan 365 Twin Axle Diet Feeder at £20,000.
The stars in the tractor line up were the Case 110 Maxxum in spite of having over 12,300 hours on the close and a 12’ Plate this achieved £20,800 with the prime mover for the farm Case 150 Puma 4WD c/w Front Linkage (67’ Plate-1,351 hours) at £57,200.
Yet again Telehandlers were the talk of the day with the farms Manitou MLT-735 (14’ Plate-7,700 Hours) at £28,500 and an older T’ Plate Manitou 527 (massive 19,000 hours) at a resounding £10,400.
The very well-kept Honda TRX 500 Quad Bike (nearly 7 years old but with only 575 work hours on the clock) achieved an excellent £7,000 to a local purchaser.
Within the Four Wheel Drive Vehicles;
The farms Land Rover Defender (56’ Plate-94,500 miles) at £13,200 and the Ford Ranger Wildtrak in Burnt Orange (14’ Plate-53,500 miles), at £17,000.
There were a wide range of included items at the sale with;
- John Deere 359 Conventional Baler at £2,800
- Massey Ferguson 6150 4WD £11,500
- Honda Big Red 300 Quad Bike £1,720
- Artic Trailers (No Dollies) Up to £900
- AJP Dolly Unit £1,360
- Bateson 12ft Livestock Trailer £1,800
Within the non-vat items;
- Milk Churns Up to £152 each
- Old Wooden Sheep Dip £210
- Poultry Feeders Up to £36 per lot
Further sales booked throughout the Spring with Darley Moor scheduled for the end of April, please check the website for further details, booking sales throughout the region. www.bagshaws.com
Farm and dispersal sales, livestock auctioneer