(Bakewell Office) Bagshaws LLP
• As a Practice, we advise on a wide range of land and property related matters including valuations, compensation claims, occupation agreements, planning and development issues.
• We continue to be one of the largest livestock and property auctioneers in the Midlands, with livestock markets in Bakewell and Leek.
• Our team of Land Agents are responsible for a wide portfolio of country properties.
• Our on-site team for livestock, dairy and machinery dispersal sales provides an unrivalled ‘hands on’ service and take responsibility for all aspects of the sales.
We are looking to recruit a full time Land Agent/Farm Office Services Professional to work out of our Bakewell office. The role is initially to cover maternity leave, with the potential to extend into a permanent position.
In this role you will be involved in the negotiation and sale of land, valuing farm and estate assets and giving clients advice on tax and other issues. One of our busiest times of the year is during the BPS season and throughout this time we would expect the successful candidate to prepare and oversee the BPS submissions on the behalf of the Partnership. This will involve keeping up to date with current legislation, liaising with clients to ensure the submissions are completed accurately and providing support to staff at other offices with BPS submissions.
As the Farm Office Services team also assist with other grant applications such as Countryside Stewardship and RDPE, experience in this area would also be desirable, but is not essential. You should be experienced in liaising with relevant agencies such as the RPA.
To fulfil this role, you will be friendly, outgoing and a good communicator. You will have substantial experience in preparing and submitting BPS applications and will be an proficient IT user (Word/Excel/record keeping software). Whilst the candidate may come from rural background, this is desirable but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (closing date Friday 2nd October) to the Practice Manager email@example.com
Bagshaws LLP – Land and Estate Agents, Chartered Surveyors, Valuers and Auctioneers.
• Our team of Estate Agents are responsible for a wide portfolio of both town and country properties.
• As Chartered Surveyors, we advise on a wide range of land and property related matters.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Estate Agency sales negotiator/administrator. This is a full time role based at our Bakewell office at the Agricultural Business Centre.
Our ideal candidate will understand the process of selling property; from initial appraisal through to completion of the sale. They will be a pro-active well organised individual and have the skills to maintain excellent relationships with both buyers and sellers alike. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of all areas of estate agency gained through relevant experience.
You will be an articulate communicator with good attention to detail. We are looking for a candidate who has Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, accompanied by good administration and IT skills. You should have a full driving licence with access to your own transport as you may be required to carry out viewings of properties. Knowledge of the Bakewell and the surrounding area would be appreciated.
The hours of work would be Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm with an unpaid hour for lunch each day and Saturday mornings on rotation.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (closing date October 2nd)) to the Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.