All current vacancies will be displayed here and on our Facebook page.
Full time Graduate Planner – Ashbourne Office
• As a Practice, we advise on a wide range of land and property related matters including valuations, compensation claims, tenancy matters, planning and development issues.
• We continue to be one of the largest livestock and property auctioneers in the Midlands, with livestock markets in Bakewell and Leek.
• Our team of Land Agents are responsible for a wide portfolio of country properties.
• Our on-site team for livestock, dairy and machinery dispersal sales provide an unrivalled ‘hands on’ service and take responsibility for all aspects of the sales.
At Bagshaws we take great pride in nurturing our graduates and provide an excellent working environment to allow you to take the steps to advance your career with long term opportunities. Furthermore, during 2021 Bagshaws are celebrating their 150 year anniversary, and with that there is no better time to join our friendly and hard-working team.
Bagshaws LLP – Graduate Planner
This is a full time, permanent position based in our Planning team in Ashbourne. Our Planning team works across the business and focuses their work in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Staffordshire, providing high quality planning advice engaging with all stages of the planning process. The candidate will be supported throughout their MRTPI / APC process as part of an excellent formal Graduate Training Programme.
Your role will be working with the Planning team to facilitate sustainable development on a day-to-day basis, preparing and submitting all types of planning applications for a wide variety of clients.
The role of Graduate Planner will include the following tasks:
- Communicate with clients face-to-face in person or by video call, on the telephone, and by email;
- Undertake background planning research on land and buildings;
- Attend site visits and meetings with clients, Local Planning Authority officers, and other specialist consultants;
- Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and development potential, including farm diversification opportunities;
- Prepare supporting documents for planning applications, including Planning Statements, Design & Access statements, Heritage Statements, and other supporting planning documents;
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with clients and colleagues, and cultivate good relationships with clients and fellow professionals;
- Liaise with and negotiate with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third party specialists;
- Prepare/make presentations at meetings and speak in support of applications at Planning Committee on behalf of clients;
- Provide advice and support to clients under threat of planning enforcement;
- Assist in drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive proposals;
- Assist in developing creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties;
- Write complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations;
- Ensure compliance with planning regulations including permitted development legislation;
- Take responsibility for projects from the earliest stages through to completion;
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies;
- Undertake Continuous Professional Development and keep up to date with changes to planning policy and practice guidance.
In addition, you will be involved with the Development side of the business, assisting the team with planning matters on strategic sites including delivery analysis and site targeting, through to immediate sites where you will be involved in all compiling applications including liaising with other professionals and Local Planning Authorities.
Client contact will be essential and you will be a key part of providing a superb level of service throughout all aspects of any project.
Working as part of a team, you will be mentored by senior colleagues whilst assisting in the day to day work.
To apply for this vacancy, you will be friendly, outgoing and a good communicator. You will be keen to learn with excellent written and communication skills and the ability to use computers and word processing packages. You will also be eligible to work in the UK with a full UK driving licence and your own means of transport.
You will also be working towards or have a Degree or Masters in an MRTPI accredited course (essential).
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to the Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 26th 2021